Acquisition highlights & customer benefits:
· Expands products and services offered by Tecnau in the graphic communication segment, with added solutions for direct mail and transpromo markets
· Diversifies Tecnau into sustainable packaging for books, e-commerce and parcel sorting for intralogistics
· Creates a global entity with combined over 370 employees and revenues above USD 100 million (fiscal year 2022)
· Broadens Tecnau’s global reach with combined direct subsidiaries in United States, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Singapore and Japan and a global distribution/agency network.
Ivrea, Italy (July 11th, 2023) - Tecnau, a global market leader in paper handling, monitoring, processing and finishing solutions for the digital print industry, announced today the acquisition of all operating activities of Sitma Machinery S.P.A.
Sitma was founded in 1965 and is today a global leading company in the fields of:
· Direct mail and transpromo packaging systems: document inserting systems, paper wrapping and intelligent solutions for personalized mailings and advertisements.
· Postpress: collating, inserting, addressing, paper or poly wrapping systems targeted at magazines, books and newspapers manufacturers.
· General packaging: innovative and versatile film packaging systems with modular design for a wide range of formats and types of packaging for consumer, food and industrial goods.
· E-logistics: technologies for sustainable packaging including (i) dynamic and pack to size paper-based systems for books and e-commerce markets and (ii) parcel sorting solutions for books, postal services and other intralogistics markets.
The move allows Tecnau to strengthen its position in the graphics industry with the addition of a well-established brand and product portfolio and to boost its diversification in the e-logistics segment (packaging for ecommerce and intralogistics), started recently with the opening of its new division, Tecnau Automation & Packaging.
With head offices in Spilamberto (in the North of Italy, outside Modena) Sitma has sales and service branches in France, Japan and the United States, which adds to the well-established Tecnau direct presence in the United States, Germany, Belgium, Singapore and Sweden to strengthen Tecnau’s local presence in key markets and geographies with direct sales and service support. In addition both Tecnau and Sitma possess a professional and long term distribution and agency network in over 50 countries worldwide.
“We are very excited to welcome all Sitma employees, customers and partners to the bigger Tecnau family” stated Stefano De Marco, chief executive officer at Tecnau. “Sitma has a long history in the graphics business with a very consolidated and high-performance product mix. Over the last few years Sitma was able to diversify and apply its technical expertise to the fast-growing e-commerce business, developing sustainable, pack-to-size technological solutions as well as energy saving and low-running-cost parcel sortation systems. Tecnau endorses this strategy and will provide all the necessary support to retain and expand further the wide customer base in traditional segments and to broaden the portfolio and customer base in new growing areas. We’re of course very interested in possible synergies between these recent Sitma innovations and Tecnau’s new Automation & Packaging division”.
Tecnau offers a complete product portfolio dedicated to paper handling, monitoring, processing and finishing for the digital printing industry. We are devoted to providing integrated solutions to support the broadest array of applications for Transactional Printing, TransPromo, Direct Mail, Publishing, Graphic Arts, Book on Demand and Short Run. Global service and around-the-clock support help ensure our reputation as the industry’s reliability leader. Our products increase productivity, cut labor and paper costs, and even make new applications possible - Tecnau solutions truly empower digital print to help you do more with less.